Teaching and Learning History

View Only

Undergraduate History Research Journals

• 1.  Undergraduate History Research Journals

Posted 08-29-2023 12:33:00 PM

I am the faculty advisor for an undergraduate history research journal, the Crimson Historical Review, at the University of Alabama. I thought I would open up a space for talking about how this is done and the benefits that it offers students who can both publish and work in the publishing world. 

I am also hoping that you will consider reaching out to any strong undergraduates in your department who are interested in submitting original scholarship for peer-reviewed publication. The Crimson Historical Review at the University of Alabama is a nationally-acclaimed, highly competitive undergraduate historical research journal that has just published its tenth issue and receives upwards of 50 submissions each semester from universities around the world. It is staffed entirely by undergraduate History students. It offers a great opportunity for bright researchers to experience the peer-reviewed, publication process in a supportive environment. If you have students who are doing original historical research that should be considered for publication, please consider sending them to the CHR at http://crimsonhistorical.ua.edu . The deadline for submissions for the Fall 2023 issue is September 24, 2023.

Thank you and Best Regards, Margaret Peacock, Faculty Advisor for the Crimson Historical Review

------------------------------
    Margaret Peacock
    Univ. of Alabama, Tuscaloosa
    Tuscaloosa AL
    ------------------------------